2018-2019 Fall Sports Tryout & Practice Information
Students wishing to participate in interscholastic athletics at Oxford High School or Oxford Middle School must complete the following requirements:
- REGISTER ON APPRYSE – https://app.appryse.com/enroll/ayudsc25
- If you have already registered, please verify accuracy of your information (after July 31st).
- Download APPRYSE physical form BEFORE you go to your doctor appointment!
- SPORT PHYSICALS ARE MANDATORY and must be uploaded to your student’s Appryse account before participation in any practice or tryout. A current physical is one taken on or after April 15, 2018.
- Students entering grades 10, 11 and 12 must have passed at least six (6) classes in the previous semester and must have attained at least a 1.8 term GPA.
- Students entering grade 8 must have passed at least five (5) classes in the previous semester.
- Transfer, home school and virtual school students must be approved by the district athletic director before participation.
Questions? Jordan Ackerman, District Athletics Director – 248-969-5110, email@example.com
Below is a listing of all fall sports and the schedule of tryouts and practices to begin the season.
Please check back often as this schedule may change without notice.
OXFORD HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL - http://oxfordfootball.weebly.com/
Head Coach: Bud Rowley; Cell 248-505-8333 or Office 248-969-5127, firstname.lastname@example.org
PARENT MEETING AUGUST 1st, 7 pm OHS Cafeteria
VARSITY & JV FOOTBALL (Begins August 6) – Wildcats Stadium
Captains Agility - July 30th/31st and Aug 1st/2nd 8:30 am – 9:30 am
Mon Aug 6 Report @ 7:00 am, Practice 7:30 am – 10:00 am AND 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
Tue Aug 7 Report @ 7:00 am, Practice 7:30 am – 10:00 am AND 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
Wed Aug 8 Report @ 7:00 am, Practice 7:30 am – 10:00 am AND 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
Thu Aug 9 Report @ 7:00 am, Practice 7:30 am – 10:00 am AND 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
Fri Aug 10 Report @ 7:00 am, Practice 7:30 am – 10:00 am AND 11:30 am – 2:00 pm (full equipment)
Sat Aug 11 PRACTICE 8:00 am – Noon
FRESHMAN FOOTBALL (Begins August 6) – Wildcats Stadium
Mon Aug. 6 Report @ 8:00 am, Practice 8:30 am – 11:30 am
Tue Aug. 7 Report @ 8:00 am, Practice 8:30 am – 11:30 am
Wed Aug. 8 Report @ 8:00 am, Practice 8:30 am – 11:30 am
Thu Aug. 9 Report @ 8:00 am, Practice 8:30 am – 11:30 am (full equipment)
Fri Aug. 10 Report @ 8:00 am, Practice 8:30 am – 11:30 am (full equipment)
Sat Aug. 11 Report @ 8:00 am, Practice 8:30 am – 11:30 am
MIDDLE SCHOOL FOOTBALL – OMS Stadium
Head Coach: Brian Cisneros – email@example.com
Equipment needed: Girdle pads, shoes/cleats, sweatshirt, gloves, mouthguard
Summer Football Camp June 11-12-13 9am-11am @ HIGH SCHOOL STADIUM. Cost $25
Captains Agility August 21-22-23 6-7 pm @ OMS.
First Practice Aug 27 3:15-5:15 pm @ OMS
MIDDLE SCHOOL GIRLS BASKETBALL – OMS Fieldhouse
Varsity Head Coach Rachel Bryer, Cell: (810) 434-4638, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All you need in order to participate is a current physical and gym clothes!
Monday Aug. 27th Open Gym 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Tuesday Aug. 28th Open Gym 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Wednesday Aug. 29th Tryouts 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Thursday Aug. 30th Tryouts 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Head Coach: Norman Petersimes, email: Norman.Petersimes@oxfordschools.org
HIGH SCHOOL CROSS COUNTRY - BOYS & GIRLS
Practices begin Wed. Aug 9th – daily @ 8 am. Meet at practice fields behind school.
Beginning Aug. 29th practices will be @ 3:20 pm
MIDDLE SCHOOL CROSS COUNTRY - BOYS & GIRLS
Coaches: Brian Drobnich / Jason Cady / Anne Oliver
GIRLS JV & VARSITY GOLF Metamora Country Club
Head Coach: Gretchen Gabler 248-935-5350 email@example.com
First day of practice / tryouts is Aug 6 @ Metamora CC @ 8 am.
First competition is Aug 13.
Beginning Aug 27 (first day of school) - practice after school – 3pm until finished.
No practice Aug 31or Sept 3.
Head Coach: Alanna Weber Alanna.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mandatory tryouts will take place August 8,9,10 (Wed,Thu,Fri) and will meet two times on all days. Time and place will be posted when determined. (Mornings may be at OES, evenings at OHS)
- The two mile run and 40 yard spring will take place on Friday morning.
- All players MUST have an updated physical to tryout. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Physicals must be dated on or after 4-15-2018.
GIRLS SWIM & DIVE ( Practice Begins Aug. 9) OHS Natatorium
Head Coach Jacquelyn Rank, Cell: 248-821-4712; email: email@example.com
Dive Coach: John Pearson, Cell: 586-337-7520; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Report to the pool deck at 7:45 am for conditioning
Mon. Aug. 6: Conditioning 8:00 am – 9:30 am (Bring: water bottle, wear tennis shoes, shorts, t-shirt)
Tue. Aug. 7: Conditioning 8:00 am – 9:30 am
Wed/Thu/Fri - Aug. 8/9/10: Report @ 7:45 am, Swim Practice 8:00 am-10:30 am
Swimmers: wear one–piece swim suit, a cap & goggles) Optional: Kick board, pull buoy, fins, & paddles Divers: one-piece suit only
Everyone: bring a water bottle and a snack for after practice.
Note: The diving practice schedule may be slightly different due to Coach Pearson’s schedule. We will determine a schedule as soon as possible. If you are interested in diving, please direct any questions towards Coach Pearson
Head Coach: Ryan Ruzziconi – 248.464.0324 – email@example.com
Tryouts/First Practice – August 8th (Wed) 5-7 pm – OHS Tennis Courts.
Interested new players meeting:
May 30th – 6 pm – OHS Cafeteria and August 6th – 6 pm – OHS Tennis Courts.
VOLLEYBALL – Ian Smith Gym
Head Coach: Brian Kim firstname.lastname@example.org C# (516) 359-1100
JV Coach: Daneen Kincaid Daneen.email@example.com
Freshman Coach: Trevor Marshall Trevor.Marshall@oxfordschools.org
VARSITY, JV and Freshman Team Tryouts
Wed – Thu – Fri (Aug. 8 – 9 – 10) 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Must attend all 3 days of try-outs
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for paperwork.